The Aroostook Medical Center, Posted May 14, 2018
Director Pharmacy/IV Therapy, FULL TIME, days, Presque Isle, Maine
Maine Medical Center, Posted August 23, 2018
Clinical Informatics Pharmacist, FULL TIME, days, Westbrook, Maine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Posted April 19, 2019
Pharmacy Supervisor Medication Procurement and Distributive Services, FULL TIME, rotating, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Please see job descriptions below.
Directory Pharmacy/IV Therapy
The Aroostook Medical Center
Presque Isle, Maine
Full-Time, Day Shift
The Pharmacy Director will be responsible for the operation and management of Pharmacy Services including: organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling department operations; ensures compliance with patient care quality standards; directs, controls and ensures the proper purchase, procurement, storage and handling of pharmaceutical inventories and related supplies; responsible for department planning, budgeting, education, safety, and human resource management activities.
In addition, the Director will plan, organize and implement hospital pharmacy policies and procedures in accordance with established policies of the hospital, in cooperation with other departments of the hospital, and in accordance with accepted standards of good pharmacy practice. The Director will ensure full compliance with hospital policies, professional standards of practice, state and federal laws, and the standards and requirements of the Joint Commission, the FDA, and other regulatory bodies.
Through collaborative planning and through actions and accountability the Director helps to align areas of responsibility with the mission, vision, values, goals and objectives of the medical center. The Director is expected to clearly communicate purpose and measurable objectives to organizational priorities, while consistently modeling organization's values in all interactions.
1. Organizes, coordinates, and maintains the administrative aspects of department operations, delegates responsibilities to subordinates as appropriate; plans or assists in the design and layout of department physical facilities. Coordinates department clinical matters with VP, Senior Physician Executive.
2. Directs subordinate management support personnel in oversight their areas of responsibility, and offers advice and guidance in handling special operations and administrative matters or problems.
3. Develops, revises, and implements department goals, policies, procedures and standards in accordance with hospital and regulatory requirements; interprets hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives to department staff. Establishes, revises and implements practice policies and operating procedures.
4. Participates in the department human resource management function; coordinates the selection, promotion, and performance appraisal process; institutes disciplinary action and recommends termination as necessary; establishes the department work and staffing schedules; develops job descriptions for department staff.
5. Participates in the planning of the purchase of pharmaceutical inventory, supplies and equipment; establishes specifications for items to be purchased; prepares and/or authorizes purchase orders in cooperation with the hospital's centralized purchasing function.
6. Oversees the storage and distribution of all related inventory and supplies throughout the medical center; ensures compliance with established inventory control standards and with applicable state and federal regulations.
7. Coordinates the integration of department functions with other departments and with overall aspects of patient care; works closely with the nursing and medical staffs and other clinical department directors in addressing patient care and service issues.
8. Monitors all department activities, and takes actions as necessary to ensure efficient and effective operation; directs and participates in the compilation and analysis of department activity data and prepares related reports; prepares and analyzes reports reflecting utilization of service and financial performance, and initiates appropriate responsive actions; establishes and maintains a system of records for documenting and monitoring patient charges, and the delivery of all pharmacy services.
9. Plans and implements the department performance improvement activities. Improves organizational performance by ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures, recognizing and correcting deficiencies and overseeing departmental performance improvement goals, plans and progress.
10. Participates in the preparation of the department budget; monitors budget performance; reviews, identifies, and analyzes variances; initiates responsive actions as necessary.
11. Manages the department orientation, safety, training, and education functions; ensures the maintenance of staff skill and education levels; and coordinates all student educational experiences.
12. Ensures the maintenance of standard sources of information, including compendia, reference texts, and professional journals.
13. Maintains skill and knowledge level, and keeps current regarding industry trends and developments by maintaining industry/professional contacts and attending pertinent seminars.
14. Serves on hospital committees as assigned, and/or appoints other pharmacy staff as members of hospital committees.
15. Meets with direct reports monthly to facilitate growth, meeting organizational goals and the mission and vision of TAMC and to respond to changes in the external environment. Schedules and conducts staff meetings to inform the staff of changes in the organization's policies to update and educate the staff, and to resolve and prevent problems. Prepares and retains minutes of all meetings.
16. Holds direct reports accountable for achieving excellence.
17. Demonstrates assertive and creative problem solving abilities by identifying problem areas that impact customer satisfaction performance in assigned departments and implements action plans to improve customer satisfaction, regularly evaluating the effectiveness of such plans using measurable, objective data.
18. Develops departmental methodologies to ensure that all employees receive on-going training in order to maintain competency.
19. Ensures accountability of direct reports for injury prevention, comprehensive accident/injury investigations to include root-cause analysis and ensures injured workers with work capacity are returned to gainful employment while on restricted duty.
20. Ensures staff compliance with safety measures, TAMC policies, State, OSHA and Joint Commission requirements.
21. Ensures confidentiality, security, and integrity of data and information within areas of responsibility.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other related duties as assigned.
Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Maine.
AVAILABILITYREQUIREMENTS: Must be willing to work at least 40 hours per week with flexibility required to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of Bachelors degree or equivalent managerial experience.
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Word, and
Outlook and Excel.
3. Must be able to work independently, organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
4. Successful completion of general TAMC orientation.
5. Demonstrates strength in customer service and interpersonal skills.
6. Willingness to accept wide variety of duties.
7. Interest in self-development.
8. Willing to be flexible with work schedule as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Clinical Informatics Pharmacist
Maine Medical Center
Full-Time, Day Shift
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Clinical Informatics Pharmacist in Westbrook. The Clinical Informatics Pharmacist works to optimize the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in support of effective and efficient patient care. This position specializes in the medication use process, from ordering to administration. S/he also collaborates with health system clinical pharmacists, non-pharmacist clinicians, providers, Information Technology (IT) and others as appropriate in the design of the EHR and Clinical Decision Support. The Clinical Informatics Pharmacist researches options for best practice with particular emphasis placed on understanding and managing the impact of changes in clinical practice and technology within clinical settings, and supports providers, clinicians and pharmacists as the resource for system changes related to medication ordering and clinical decisions support.
To apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/job/8499981/clinical-informatics-pharmacist/
About Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Medication Procurement and Distributive Services
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Lebanon, New Hampshire
The Pharmacy Supervisor supervises the staff and workload in the assigned, specialized shop/section of the department to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION SKILLS:
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful area combines history, industry and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. With destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities - both career and personal - truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, Job #190000PO:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.